To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Is there a tool for job metadata visualization?

mmahmmah Member, Broadie

I am running Cromwell java -Dconfig.file=./my.conf -jar cromwell-26.jar run workflow.wdl workflow.json - job_metadata. I would like to see a visualization of the job_metadata JSON output to understand what parts of the workflow are consuming the most computing time.

Is there an available tool to visualize this Cromwell output? I have seen a Firecloud visualization that looks like a Gantt chart, but my Cromwell instance is not running in Firecloud.

Best Answers

Answers

• mmahmmah Member, Broadie

How can I view this chart if I am not running the workflow in server mode? Can I take the metadata output from a Cromwell instance running in standalone mode and feed this to an instance in server mode?