To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Intermediate Outputs

elcinchu27elcinchu27 BroadMember, Broadie

In a multi-task workflow, I feed the output of one task to the input of the next. In the end, I only want the last of them, but the rest of the intermediate outputs go to the data model. How could I avoid that?

Thank you for your help,

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• elcinchu27elcinchu27 BroadMember, Broadie

I think that it would be more time-saving if all the intermediate files were automatically removed in the end of the workflow.

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator

Unfortunately that is not possible on the local backend. If you use a cloud backend, such as Google JES, it will automatically remove any undefined outputs.

• awacsawacs Member

@KateN said:

Unfortunately that is not possible on the local backend. If you use a cloud backend, such as Google JES, it will automatically remove any undefined outputs.

Can you explain how that happens? I am trying to achieve this in AWS and would like some inspiration on how that happens in Google JES.