To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Can I specify additional parameters for the Cromwell submit configuration based on each task?

mmahmmah Member, Broadie

I am trying to run Cromwell on an LSF cluster. I have uncommented the LSF portion of the reference.conf file and set the default backend to LSF.

The example configuration for the submit is:
submit = "bsub -J ${job_name} -cwd ${cwd} -o ${out} -e ${err} /bin/bash ${script}"

I am encountering a problem because my LSF has a mandatory bsub argument for specifying a run time cutoff for each job '-W [max runtime]'.

I can easily insert a -W flag and hard-coded run time ceiling, but this will be for all jobs. Is there a way for me to introduce a new variable in the submit configuration that can reference a task property for run time?

Best Answer

Answers