To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Input folders for WDL

Hi @KateN @Geraldine_VdAuwera
So I'm trying to use WDL to write a pipeline that runs STAR, and in particular, one of those steps involves creating an index for STAR. (Note: I know STAR is not a Broad product and this question is not about its specifics). STAR creates about 15 files for its indices, and this is a real pain to drag around into the header of every file that uses them downstream. What would be super ideal is if I could output these all into a FOLDER and then have that folder be an output that I can in turn put into other functions. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• dannykwellsdannykwells San FranciscoMember

Hey @Geraldine_VdAuwera did this ever happen? Still facing similar issues a year later, let me know if anything has changed!

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie

No unfortunately it was not prioritized like I thought. We still want to do it though. I'll ping the team and see if they can give a status update.