To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

API batch endpoint HTTP response code problem

conradLconradL BrisbaneMember

Using 0.19_hotfix
When submitting a batch job via HTTP API (i.e. to the /batch endpoint), and the server detects a problem e.g. bad inputs were supplied, the HTTP response code returned along with the JSON describing the error is: 200 (OK). This is misleading, and inconsistent with what happens when workflow processing fails submitting a single job (i.e. to the /execute endpoint) where the HTTP response code returned is (correctly) a 4xx or 5xx error code.

example snippet from my client logs:

2016-07-21 10:09:21,230 [main] DEBUG au.edu.qimr.cromwell.apiclient.ApiClient - 200
2016-07-21 10:09:21,230 [main] DEBUG au.edu.qimr.cromwell.apiclient.ApiClient - [{
"status": "fail",
"message": "Workflow input processing failed.",
"errors": ["Required workflow input 'reheadBam.rehead.newHeader' not specified."]
}]

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers