Heads up:
We’re moving the GATK website, docs and forum to a new platform. Read the full story and breakdown of key changes on this blog.
Update: July 26, 2019
This section of the forum is now closed; we are working on a new support model for WDL that we will share here shortly. For Cromwell-specific issues, see the Cromwell docs and post questions on Github.

collect the exit status and output path of each task

Here is part of the stdout to screen from Cromwell run. Is there a good way to collect the exit status and output path of each task, besides parsing the whole stdout?

[2019-01-08 09:40:48,06] [info] SingleWorkflowRunnerActor workflow finished with status 'Succeeded'.
{
  "outputs": {
    "bwawf.runBwa.oBam": "/user/jack/pipeline/cromwell-executions/bwawf/b9501cd7-9443-4161-a4b3-89f6a8fc1609/call-runBwa/execution/S1.bam"
  },
  "id": "b9501cd7-9443-4161-a4b3-89f6a8fc1609"
}

Thanks!

Answers

• ChrisLChrisL Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Dev admin

@blueskypy if you're running Cromwell in server mode, there's the outputs endpoint which I think is exactly what you're hoping for

• blueskypyblueskypy Member ✭✭

Thanks @ChrisL for the help! Could you show me how to run the server mode in a SGE cluster that I can only access through ssh? I tried the following command in the cluster, but got error:

java -Dconfig.file=../sge.conf -jar /site/ne/home/e0380702/tool/cromwell-36.jar server ../bwa2.wdl -i ../input2.json
    Error: Unknown argument '../bwa2.wdl'
    Error: Unknown option -i
    Error: Unknown argument '../input2.json'

It runs successfully if I change the server to run.

Also I need to run the pipeline hundreds of times on different samples, is the Server mode appropriate?