Heads up:
We’re moving the GATK website, docs and forum to a new platform. Read the full story and breakdown of key changes on this blog.
Update: July 26, 2019
This section of the forum is now closed; we are working on a new support model for WDL that we will share here shortly. For Cromwell-specific issues, see the Cromwell docs and post questions on Github.

AWS backend

Hello,

Do y'all have a timeframe on when you'll be releasing the Cromwell AWS backend?

Thanks,
Will

Best Answer

Answers

• RuchiRuchi Member, Broadie, Moderator, Dev admin
    Accepted Answer

Hey Will,

We're targeting by end of August.

• golharamgolharam Member ✭✭✭

We are using AWS Batch as well for our pipelines. I'm interested in using Cromwell with AWS Batch (both WDL and CWL). Are there any best practices for using Cromwell with AWS Batch? Or specifics on containerizing applications? How does Cromwell handle transferring input data (folders and not just files) from S3?

Let's take bcl2fastq...My workflow would run bcl2fastq. The input would be the s3 path to the run folder, and the output would be a series of FASTQ files along with the demux qc metrics json file. If I use an s3 path to a folder, how will Cromwell know to download the whole run folder?

Additionally, how do I specify the resource requirements (cores, RAM, etc) required for a particular task? (maybe I didn't dig deep enough into the docs, or missed it...)