To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at

modifying the processing-for-variant-discovery...inputs.json

Dear GATK Team,

I just successfully converted my fastq files to ubam and wanted to do a local data preprocessing using the uBAM to analysis-ready BAM universal pipeline.
I realized that I have to call the wdl file using the json file as an input.

I have some questions about editing the json file:

I. how should the flowcell_unmapped_bams_list be formatted? I have no access to the example "NA12878_24RG_small.txt"

II. I was able to download the “gs://gatk-legacy-bundles/b37/human_g1k_v37_decoy.fasta” from the Resource Bundle under the Download section. Regarding the ones that end with, amb, bwt, ann, pac. I was not able to find those in the Resource Bundle on the homepage.

III. I was able to place the paths for picard and gatk. But what is gotc? ("PreProcessingForVariantDiscovery_GATK4.gotc_path": "/usr/gitc/")

IV. There are options like GATK4.agg_small_disk, medium disk and large disk. Where do I choose that the program should run on a specific size?

V. I installed gatk locally using the gatkcondaev.yml without the need of docker? Can I run the whole pipeline without docker? The json file has some options called DOCKERS.

Thanks for your help