Hi GATK Users,

Happy Thanksgiving!
Our staff will be observing the holiday and will be unavailable from 22nd to 25th November. This will cause a delay in reaching out to you and answering your questions immediately. Rest assured we will get back to it on Monday November 26th. We are grateful for your support and patience.
Have a great holiday everyone!!!

Regards
GATK Staff

Prioritize workflows which are allready in server queue

Hi,

imagine the following scenario you have Cromwell running in server mode and added a bunch of workflows /analysis to it. Every single workflow keeps up running for let's say 2 to 3 hours. Now your colleague peeks around the corner and says that he wants the result of the last pending workflows as soon as possible.

What I now do in this situation is to abort all workflows instead the urgent one and then push the residual workflows back to the server.

Now my question is there a way to prioritize pending workflows via the API? Or is there a priority option/level which I can declare when pushing the workflows to the server? Like:

curl -v "localhost:8000/api/workflows/v1" -F [email protected]/some.wdl -F [email protected]$2"/"$dir"/"$line".input.json" -P [1-9]

Where 1 is the very low priority and 9 high, so it is possible to prioritize diagnostic workflows over research for example.

Thank in advance,
greetings EADG

Best Answers

Answers