To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Easy fix in the documentation in hte Running section

YatrosYatros Seattle, WA, USAMember
edited August 2017 in Ask the WDL team

Hello,

I was following your documentation to get familiarized with WDL. When I was trying to run WDL on Cromwell locally I was getting the error

Error: Unknown argument 'myWorkflow_inputs.json'

If you read the software's help you can easily figure out that there is a '-i' missing in the documentation command, but it will be better for inexperienced people to get it fixed.

Running WDL on Cromwell locally

Running on a local machine is the simplest thing in the world. Assuming that you have a WDL script that you've validated called myWorkflow.wdl, and a JSON file of inputs called myWorkflow_inputs.json, you just call Cromwell’s run function, like so:

Instead of:

java -jar Cromwell.jar run myWorkflow.wdl myWorkflow_inputs.json

the command should look like this:

java -jar Cromwell.jar run myWorkflow.wdl -i myWorkflow_inputs.json

Thanks for the detailed documentation you are putting together to understand how to use WDL with Cromwell.

Best,

Yatros

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers