To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Reduce verbosity of cromwell run

edited August 2017 in Ask the WDL team

Is there a way to reduce the verbosity of cromwell run? It prints a lot of information, in very long lines, which makes it difficult to see where exactly things went wrong if a workflow fails. I noticed that the logs in cromwell-workflow-logs are a lot cleaner, and tend to only print out the more relevant information, like [UUID(f01048ab)]: Starting calls: variantDiscovery.genotype:6:1, or java.lang.Exception when something goes wrong.

Is there a way to disable the additional output that cromwell run generates? I had a look at the settings file for cromwell but nothing seemed relevant to this issue.

Edit: It looks like this got placed in the gatk forum by mistake, feel free to move it to the wdl forum.

Best Answer

Answers

• shleeshlee CambridgeMember, Broadie, Moderator

Hi @Redmar_van_den_Berg, I've moved this question to the WDL forum. The team should get to your question shortly.