If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We appreciate your help!
Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra
Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.
GATK184.108.40.206 HaplotypeCaller called wrong variant
I got a strange issue. I was looking for EGFR C797S in my sample using gatk 220.127.116.11 HaplotypeCaller. But instead HaplotypeCaller reported C797G:
chr7 55249091 COSM6493936 T G 9228.6 . AC=1;AF=0.500;AN=2;ANN=G|missense_variant|MODERATE|EGFR|EGFR|transcript|NM_005228.3|protein_coding|20/28|c.2389T>G|p.Cys797Gly|2635/5600|2389/3633|797/1210||;BaseQRankSum=-8.760e-01;DP=11630;ExcessHet=3.0103;FS=119.585;MLEAC=1;MLEAF=0.500;MQ=60.00;MQRankSum=0.856;QD=1.33;ReadPosRankSum=20.47;SOR=8.736;AA=p.C797G;CDS=c.2389T>G;CNT=1;GENE=EGFR;STRAND=+ GT:AD:DP:GQ:PL 0/1:6078,878:8673:99:9236,0,203073
But from the bam file before HaplotypeCaller and the bam output from HaplotypeCaller all show the alt is A in igv, not the G called by HaplotypeCaller. The software coming with the sequencer called C797S correctly.
I used the all default settings except "--max-reads-per-alignment-start 0 --disable-read-filter NotDuplicateReadFilter" to run HaplotypeCaller because we work with amplicon-based data.
Thanks a lot for the help!