Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Markduplicate error on gatk4

Dear All . I use samtools (1.6) for merge bam file and then I run markduplicate. I have this error:

Exception in thread "main" htsjdk.samtools.SAMException: Value was put into PairInfoMap more than once. 1: 432_L002:B0P8DQ1:88:CA2D7ACXX:2:2314:7568:79248

I use this command:

picard MarkDuplicates I=mapped_reads/bam/432_sortedR.bam O=mapped_reads/merged_samples/432.dedup.bam M=mapped_reads/merged_samples/432.dup.metrics.txt REMOVE_DUPLICATES=false ASSUME_SORTED=true VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=SILENT
Any idea how to resolve? with markduplicate from gatk3.8 I don't have this errror

Tagged:

Answers

• SkyWarriorSkyWarrior TurkeyMember ✭✭✭

Do you merge mapped bam files or do you merge an unmapped bam file and a mapped bam file?

If you are doing the former MarkDuplicates can merge files for you. Just indicate multiple bam files in the command as I= and give one O= output. All files will be merged at the end.

If you are doing the latter then you need to use PICARD MergeBamAlignment for that.

• mauriziopolanomauriziopolano udineMember

@SkyWarrior thanks so much!! I merged bam files before of markduplicate step using samtools 1.6 merge and I merge the complete alignment from bwa .

• mauriziopolanomauriziopolano udineMember
    edited April 2018

I try to use Markduplicate fr createe unique bam . However I have the same error

[Wed Apr 04 13:20:19 UTC 2018] picard.sam.markduplicates.MarkDuplicates done. Elapsed time: 1.03 minutes.
    Runtime.totalMemory()=910688256
    To get help, see http://broadinstitute.github.io/picard/index.html#GettingHelp
    Exception in thread "main" htsjdk.samtools.SAMException: Value was put into PairInfoMap more than once.  1: 432_L001:B0P8DQ1:88:CA2D7ACXX:1:1303:8853:70577
        at htsjdk.samtools.CoordinateSortedPairInfoMap.ensureSequenceLoaded(CoordinateSortedPairInfoMap.java:133)

• SheilaSheila Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator admin