Heads up:
We’re moving the GATK website, docs and forum to a new platform. Read the full story and breakdown of key changes on this blog.
Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Trouble using CombineReadCounts

Sahar90Sahar90 Broad InstituteMember, Broadie
edited February 2017 in Ask the GATK team

Hi,

I am trying to create a PoN following
http://gatkforums.broadinstitute.org/gatk/discussion/6791/description-and-examples-of-the-steps-in-the-cnv-case-and-cnv-pon-creation-workflows#create-pon-workflow

I ran "GATK 4 CNV Proportional Coverage for Capture" and compiled the paths of the normal samples in one file (attached: listPropCov_TSCA11_15.txt)

I tried to run CombineReadCounts as follows using GATK4alpha (I tried using GATK3.7 but it gave a different error):

--
pathToGATK_jar = "....../gatk4-latest/gatk-protected.jar"
pathTotext_file_list_of_proportional_coverage_files = "....../listPropCov_TSCA11_15.txt"

pathToOutputFile = "...../merged_prop_cov_TSCA11_15.tsv"
javaPath = "/broad/software/free/Linux/redhat_6_x86_64/pkgs/jdk1.8.0_121/bin/java"

command = paste0(javaPath," -Xmx8g -jar ",pathToGATK_jar," CombineReadCounts --inputList ", pathTotext_file_list_of_proportional_coverage_files," -O ",pathToOutputFile, " -MOF 0")

system(command)

And I got the following error:

"A USER ERROR has occurred: Bad input: the input contains the sample repeated, e.g.:A3"

I checked my sample names and all of them are unique, I also checked that the interval names are unique. I tried using only 46 samples, but it gave me the same error.

What am I doing wrong? Is there another way to create a panel of normals to be used in GATK_Somatic_CNV_Toolchain_Capture ?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers