Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

picard downsampling cram files failed!

Dear GATK,

I am trying to conduct downsampling on our cram file. However, the run failed!

Here is the command line I used:
java -Xmx16G -jar /software/picard.jar DownsampleSam I=H2NCHCCXY-7.hgv.cram O=ds.cram P=0.2 R=12345 REFERENCE_SEQUENCE=/next-gen/Illumina/bwa_references/g/GRCh38_1000Genomes/GRCh38_full_analysis_set.fa

the java version is jdk1.8.0_74

The Picard version is: 2.10.6

the error messages:
ERROR 2017-08-01 15:22:35 Slice Reference MD5 mismatch for slice 0:248733152-248765543, CACAGATTCT...TGATTATCTC
[Tue Aug 01 15:22:35 CDT 2017] picard.sam.DownsampleSam done. Elapsed time: 9.41 minutes.
Runtime.totalMemory()=2226126848
To get help, see http://broadinstitute.github.io/picard/index.html#GettingHelp
Exception in thread "main" htsjdk.samtools.cram.CRAMException: Reference sequence MD5 mismatch for slice: sequence id 0, start 248733152, span 32392, expected MD5 83849184708b9131cb455f52e70da52d
at htsjdk.samtools.CRAMIterator.nextContainer(CRAMIterator.java:187)
at htsjdk.samtools.CRAMIterator.hasNext(CRAMIterator.java:261)
at htsjdk.samtools.SamReader$AssertingIterator.hasNext(SamReader.java:601)
at htsjdk.samtools.util.PeekableIterator.advance(PeekableIterator.java:70)
at htsjdk.samtools.util.PeekableIterator.next(PeekableIterator.java:57)
at htsjdk.samtools.ConstantMemoryDownsamplingIterator.next(ConstantMemoryDownsamplingIterator.java:83)
at htsjdk.samtools.ConstantMemoryDownsamplingIterator.next(ConstantMemoryDownsamplingIterator.java:44)
at picard.sam.DownsampleSam.doWork(DownsampleSam.java:127)
at picard.cmdline.CommandLineProgram.instanceMain(CommandLineProgram.java:228)
at picard.cmdline.PicardCommandLine.instanceMain(PicardCommandLine.java:94)
at picard.cmdline.PicardCommandLine.main(PicardCommandLine.java:104)

I searched the internet and wasn't able to find the solution. Please help! Thanks!

Best,

Peter

Answers