Attention:
The frontline support team will be slow on the forum because we are occupied with the GATK Workshop on March 21st and 22nd 2019. We will be back and more available to answer questions on the forum on March 25th 2019.

HaplotypeCaller bugs

E.ScienceE.Science London, UKMember

Hi,

I have tried to solve several issues which came up while trying to run the HaplotypeCaller. For this one, I didn't find anything on google and to be honest when pasting the error, google doesn't even find something similar.

ERROR MESSAGE: Badly formed genome loc: Contig NC_007605 given as location, but this contig isn't present in the Fasta sequence dictionary

Can anyone please tell me what's the problem here? The fasta file I got was the one downloaded from the bundle: human_g1k_v37.fasta.gz

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!!

Best Answers

Answers

• E.ScienceE.Science London, UKMember

Thank you Geraldine. I tried using -XL NC_007605 as my option but I got the error:

ERROR MESSAGE: Badly formed genome loc: Contig 'NC_007605' does not match any contig in the GATK sequence dictionary derived from the reference; are you sure you are using the correct reference fasta file?

In which way can I exclude NC_007605 or just let the HC ignore it?

Thank you.

• E.ScienceE.Science London, UKMember

Thank you very much! I actually did that and solved the problem!