Heads up:
We’re moving the GATK website, docs and forum to a new platform. Read the full story and breakdown of key changes on this blog.
Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Problem with ApplyRecalibration

mojaveazuremojaveazure New YorkMember

I'm trying to use ApplyRecalibration and I get the following error:

ERROR MESSAGE: Invalid command line: No tribble type was provided on the command line and the type of the file could not be determined dynamically. Please add an explicit type tag :NAME listing the correct type from among the supported types

I validated it with ValidateVariants and got no errors wrong with the file:

Successfully validated the input file.  Checked 1592 records with no failures.

My code for the ApplyRecalibration is this

gatk -T ApplyRecalibration -R ucsc.hg19.fasta -input L7_Genotyped.vcf -mode SNP -recalFile L7.SNP.recal -tranchesFile L7.SNP.tranches -o L7.recal.SNPS.vcf -ts_filter_level 99.0

I'm using GATK 3.3.0, my supercomputing cluster doesn't have a newer version installed.

Every thing I've seen from the GATK team has been to validate the VCF file. I've done that and gotten no errors; the VCF file was generated using GenotypeGVCFs, so what's going on?

Answers

• tommycarstensentommycarstensen United KingdomMember ✭✭✭

Where did you get your reference sequence from? Did it come with other files? Is it the one from the Broad/GATK resource directory from the ftp? Does your recal and tranches files exist? Was VariantRecalibrator run on the same input file? I'm not sure what is the problem. I have received that error myself, but I can't remember what was the problem back then.

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Try deleting the VCF index file -- sometime it gets corrupted and causes this kind of issue. The next tool will regenerate an index automatically.