Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Combination of ploidy and number of alleles ERROR when running GenotypeGVCFs

FerFer AustriaMember

Hello. I've run Haplotype caller for 19 samples in -ploidy 19 (19 is as high as I can get without getting an error for that, but that is a discussion opened elsewhere). Then, I've tried GenotypeGVCFs and get an ERROR (both command and ERROR below).

Just to add, I've run both HaplotypeCaller and GenotypeGVCFs with and without -maxAltAlleles 4 to try to limit the referred combination; however, the output is exactly the same ERROR message at the end of GenotypeGVCFs. Do you think there might be a bug or am I doing something wrong?

java -Djava.io.tmpdir=$mytmp -Xmx28g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -R $ref -T GenotypeGVCFs -o $gVCF.ploidy.vcf -V ploidy.list -ploidy 19 -maxAltAlleles 4

ERROR MESSAGE: the combination of ploidy (19) and number of alleles (21) results in a very large number of genotypes (> 2147483647). You need to limit ploidy or the number of alternative alleles to analyz
e this locus

Issue · Github
by Geraldine_VdAuwera

Issue Number
State
closed
Last Updated
Closed By
vdauwera

Answers