Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Dictionary/index issues

loranialorania Member
edited October 2012 in Ask the GATK team

Hi there,

I'm running PrintReads with a dictionary file prepared by Picard, but without any index file. GATK prepares index file and then complains that
"Sequence dictionary and index contain different numbers of contigs".
When I run it without dictionary or index files, it creates them both, but then dies at chr2 - and this is no wonder, as the dictionary created via GATK has only every second contig (34 lines instead of 67).
I would appreciate your help, as at the moment I have no clue what is going on...

Ania

Exact commends:
java -Xmx4g -jar picard-tools-1.77/CreateSequenceDictionary.jar R=~/genome/mm10/mm10.fa O=mm10.dict CREATE_INDEX=true
/this, for an unknown reason, creates only dictionary/

java -Xmx4g -jar ~/bin/GenomeAnalysisTK-2.1-11-g13c0244/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T PrintReads -I ../snp_calling/B0642/B0642.refSNPreal.bam -R ~/genome/mm10/mm10.fa -BQSR ../snp_calling/B0642/B0642.refSNPreal.recrgp -o ../snp_calling/B0642/B0642.recal.bam

Best Answer

Answers