Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

how to make AnalyzeCovariates use the R path in the clusters environment.

chunxuanchunxuan Member
edited January 2014 in Ask the GATK team

I am running GATK in clusters via pbs scheduling, and found "AnalyzeCovariates" could not use customized Rscript path.

More info:

All nodes have CentOS installed, R is already installed and could be found under "/usr/bin/R" from "which R". Unfortunately, R version is not identical among nodes, i.e., some nodes have R 2.15, and some have R 3.0 installed.

I installed the latest R version under my home folder, and add following commands to .bash_profile and .bash_rc:

if [ lsb_release -i|cut -c17-20 == 'Cent' ] ; then
alias R='/home/XXX/R-3.0.2/bin/R'
alias Rscript='/home/XXX/R-3.0.2/bin/Rscript'
fi

If I login to the cluster via qsub -I, and type R in the console, customized R will be invoked, and this is also shown in "which R" :

alias R='/home/XXX/R-3.0.2/bin/R'
~/R-3.0.2/bin/R

All GATK required packages have been installed.

However, when I run AnalyzeCovariates, it reported that some packages are missing, and it turns out that AnalyzeCovariates is using the R under "/usr/bin/R". So how to make AnalyzeCovariates use the right R? Do I miss something in the bash configure files?

Thanks.

Answers