Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Mutect2 vcf FORMAT field

andeveandeve MilanoMember

Hi,
I’m trying to use Mutect2 (GATK version 3.7) for somatic mutation calling.
I noticed that if I use it with the default parameters in the FORMAT field I have the following informations:
GT:AD:AF:ALT_F1R2:ALT_F2R1:FOXOG:QSS:REF_F1R2:REF_F2R1
If I add the annotation modules, for example -A FisherStrand and -A StrandOddsRatio, the FORMAT field contain only GT:AD:AF.
Why?

This is my command line:
java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T MuTect2 \
-R reference.fasta \
-I:tumor tumor.bam \
-I:normal normal.bam \
--dbsnp dbsnp_138.hg19.vcf \
--cosmic hg19_cosmic_v54_120711.vcf \
-o output.vcf \
-L targets.interval_list \
-A FisherStrand \
-A StrandOddsRatio \

Thank you very much!

Andrea

Tagged:

Comments

• SheilaSheila Broad InstituteMember, Broadie admin

@andeve
    Hi Andrea,

That may be a bug, but it is not likely to get fixed because GATK4 MuTect2 is now out and available for testing. It also features a new strand bias annotation. You can test it out here.

-Sheila