Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Malformed VCF file

divya_infodivya_info LucknowMember

Hello
I am using BisSNP-0.82.2 tool to find SNP in bisulfite data. But I get the below mention error while using this command : java -Xmx4g -jar BisSNP-0.82.2.jar -R /home/genomics2/ALM_BS_genome_new.fasta -T BisulfiteGenotyper -I /home/genomics2/tools/ALM1Fd_R1_paired_trimmed_withRG.bam -D /home/genomics2/tools/dbSNP/merge_vcf_file2.vcf -vfn1 /home/genomics2/tool/dbSNP/cpg.raw.vcf -vfn2 /home/genomics2/tool/dbSNP/snp.raw.vcf -L /home/genomics2/tools/ALM1_R1_paired_vcf_lenght.bed

ERROR MESSAGE: The provided VCF file is malformed at approximately line number 101449: The VCF specification does not allow for whitespace in the INFO field.

Please guide me how to sort this error.
Thanks..

Best Answer

Answers

• divya_infodivya_info LucknowMember

@Geraldine_VdAuwera Thank you so much for your guidance, I have sort this error by remove all spaces present in my file of info column, but when I execute this below command :
    java -Xmx4g -jar BisSNP-0.82.2.jar -R /home/genomics2/tools/For_METHGO/ALM_BS_genome_new.fasta -T BisulfiteGenotyper -I /home/genomics2/tools/For_METHGO/ALM1Fd_R1_paired_trimmed_withRG.bam -D /home/genomics2/tools/For_METHGO/dbSNP/merge_new_dbSNP21.vcf -vfn1 /home/genomics2/tools/For_METHGO/dbSNP/cpg1.raw.vcf -vfn2 /home/genomics2/tools/For_METHGO/dbSNP/snp1.raw.vcf -L /home/genomics2/tools/For_METHGO/ALM1_R1_paired_vcf_lenght.bed

The output files i.e; cpg.vcf and snp.vcf generate is empty. Any suggestion how I sort the problem.

• SheilaSheila admin Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

@divya_info
    Hi,

Bis-SNP is not our tool. You will have to ask the developers of the tool for help.

-Sheila