To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Trio analysis using the GATK toolbox

alphahmedalphahmed JAPANMember
edited March 2017 in Ask the GATK team

While I am following the Best Practices documents, I started to get confused about the best sequence of steps to follow, after calling the common VCF file of the child, and parents. Some steps seem not applicable to a total WGS sample of three; like variant-recalibration. Meanwhile, variant recalibration is essential to reduce FPs, and increasing specificity before going any further with analysis.

Although I do understand that tools like PhaseByTransmission, and Genotype Refinement work-flow, are among the most discussed ones, I wonder if there is any "Best Practices" or "Documentation" section that specifically addresses Trio Analysis? Especially with all the additions to the new GATK version.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best Answer

Answers