To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Error in VariantAnnotator

hi
Because my reference is in scaffold level and GATK not designed to analyse such referenes, thus my variant caller project done using samtools. Now i want to add QD(qualityofdepth) to vcf files using VariantAnnotator but i get error as following:

ERROR MESSAGE: Invalid command line: Argument annotation has a bad value: Annotation QD was not found; please check that you have specified the annotation name correctly

my used command:

java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T VariantAnnotator -R /home/mylinux/refdic/DROMREF.fasta -I /home/mylinux/Drom1/realigned_D1.bam -V /home/mylinux/Drom1/variants/SNPSwhitGQ.vcf -L /home/mylinux/Drom1/variants/SNPSwhitGQ.vcf -A QD -o /home/mylinux/Drom1/variants/GATKANN.vcf

how can i add QD to vcf file?

Answers

• i fixed above mentioned error by using -A QualByDepth but i get another error:

ERROR MESSAGE: Bad input: We encountered a non-standard non-IUPAC base in the provided reference: '13'

i used that reference for local realigning in GATK and it worked well but now it give error. what happend?

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie

That typically happens when your reference file was edited or saved on a Windows machine because of character encoding differences. See previous threads on this topic for help with resolution.