To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

dbIndel as input for Mutect2

escaonescaon Limoges, FranceMember

Hello,

I was wondering if Mutect2 accepts a "dbIndel" as input.
Something similar to the "--dbsnp" argument, but for known Indels.

I am currently using GATK bundle hg38 files in my Mutect2 pipeline :
dbsnp_146.hg38.vcf.gz is my "--dbsnp" argument
Could Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.hg38.vcf.gz be used as an argument value somewhere ?

Best regards

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• escaonescaon Limoges, FranceMember

Ok,

Then, shall i merge dbsnp_146.hg38.vcf & Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.hg38.vcf into a single vcf file ?
    OR
    Give 2 --dbsnp arguments in the same command : --dbsnp dbsnp_146.hg38.vcf --dbsnp Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.hg38.vcf ?

Thanks for your reply

Hum, i may have been reading this wrong :

Are you are saying that indels in the Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.hg38.vcf are included in the dbsnp_146.hg38.vcf ?

Is the "matter of historical legacy" referring to the --dbsnp argument or the name of the dbsnp.vcf file ?

Sorry if these are trivial questions

Ok thx a lot,

I'll stick to using --dbsnp dbsnp_146.hg38.vcf then (since it does take indels into account too)