We've moved!
This site is now read-only. You can find our new documentation site and support forum for posting questions here.
Be sure to read our welcome blog!

How can I prevent the file header from showing up in gigantic font?

SpaceCade7SpaceCade7 Space, the final frontierMember

Hi. My question is, when I post to the forum, some parts of my post become huge, e.g. file headers or error messages. I'm showing a truncated example below of a VCF header. How can I prevent this from happening and show the copy-pasted blocks in normal font?

fileformat=VCFv4.2

CHROM POS ID REF ALT QUAL FILTER INFO FORMAT NA12878

Comments

• shleeshlee CambridgeMember, Broadie ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

Hi @SpaceCade7,

What you can do is add a new line each containing three backticks (```) at the top and bottom of the block of text. The backtick key is under your escape key. This is what you'd see when you type:

This effectively turns the block of text into a Markdown format code block with normal sized text:

##fileformat=VCFv4.2
    #CHROM  POS ID  REF ALT QUAL    FILTER  INFO    FORMAT  NA12878

If you want to learn more about Markdown formatting, here are some tutorials.

Post edited by shlee on
  • MoneteMonete BrazilMember
    Hi @SpaceCade7

Since I started my posts here I was able to use markdown formatting.

I don't know why, suddenly, markdown stopped work for me. Is there anything which I can do?

Sorry If I'm asking this in wrong place.

Thanks
  • AdelaideRAdelaideR Member admin

Hi @Monete

It would be helpful to see a screen shot and some more information so we can help trouble shoot.

I see a menu at the top of my comment box that helps me add markdown, have you tried to use those buttons?

What browser are you using? I am using Google Chrome.

• MoneteMonete BrazilMember
    Hi @AdelaideR

Here it is a screenshot from my comment box (below).

I use markdown codes (independently from this menu) and doesn't work also.

I'm using google chrome also (Version 73.0.3683.75). Could be problems of my browser?
  • bhanuGandhambhanuGandham Cambridge MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin

Hi @Monete

I am sorry you are having trouble with markdown. At the moment we are unable to help with this as this is not a GATK specific question.

This question is better suited for www.biostars.org or www.seqanswers.com

I am sorry I wasn't of more help.

• z007z007 Member
    Interesting. My comment box dose not have a formatting menu and the markdown codes did not work like this one:

```
    code
    ```

Ge
  • richtegerichtege GermanyMember
    @Monete @z007 - I am experiencing the same issues, __direct markdown formatting is not working__ and I also do not have a formatting menu at the top of my comment box (I tried different browsers and OS). Did you find the source of this error?