Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

How can I prevent the file header from showing up in gigantic font?

SpaceCade7SpaceCade7 Space, the final frontierMember

Hi. My question is, when I post to the forum, some parts of my post become huge, e.g. file headers or error messages. I'm showing a truncated example below of a VCF header. How can I prevent this from happening and show the copy-pasted blocks in normal font?

fileformat=VCFv4.2

CHROM POS ID REF ALT QUAL FILTER INFO FORMAT NA12878

Comments

• shleeshlee CambridgeMember, Broadie ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

Hi @SpaceCade7,

What you can do is add a new line each containing three backticks (```) at the top and bottom of the block of text. The backtick key is under your escape key. This is what you'd see when you type:

This effectively turns the block of text into a Markdown format code block with normal sized text:

##fileformat=VCFv4.2
    #CHROM  POS ID  REF ALT QUAL    FILTER  INFO    FORMAT  NA12878

If you want to learn more about Markdown formatting, here are some tutorials.

Post edited by shlee on
  • MoneteMonete BrazilMember
    Hi @SpaceCade7

Since I started my posts here I was able to use markdown formatting.

I don't know why, suddenly, markdown stopped work for me. Is there anything which I can do?

Sorry If I'm asking this in wrong place.

Thanks
  • AdelaideRAdelaideR Unconfirmed, Member, Broadie, Moderator admin

Hi @Monete

It would be helpful to see a screen shot and some more information so we can help trouble shoot.

I see a menu at the top of my comment box that helps me add markdown, have you tried to use those buttons?

What browser are you using? I am using Google Chrome.

• MoneteMonete BrazilMember
    Hi @AdelaideR

Here it is a screenshot from my comment box (below).

I use markdown codes (independently from this menu) and doesn't work also.

I'm using google chrome also (Version 73.0.3683.75). Could be problems of my browser?
  • bhanuGandhambhanuGandham Cambridge MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin

Hi @Monete

I am sorry you are having trouble with markdown. At the moment we are unable to help with this as this is not a GATK specific question.

This question is better suited for www.biostars.org or www.seqanswers.com

I am sorry I wasn't of more help.

• z007z007 Member
    Interesting. My comment box dose not have a formatting menu and the markdown codes did not work like this one:

```
    code
    ```

Ge