The current GATK version is 3.7-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get notifications!

You can opt in to receive email notifications, for example when your questions get answered or when there are new announcements, by following the instructions given here.

Formatting tip!

Wrap blocks of code, error messages and BAM/VCF snippets--especially content with hashes (#)--with lines with three backticks ( ``` ) each to make a code block as demonstrated here.

Jump to another community
Picard 2.10.2 is now available at https://github.com/broadinstitute/picard/releases.
GATK version 4.beta.2 (i.e. the second beta release) is out. See the GATK4 BETA page for download and details.

Oncotator Error -- Please help me

Haiying7Haiying7 Heidelberg, GermanyMember

I am running Oncotator 1.8.0.0 on MuTect2 output .vcf file. I did perform filtering for PASS before running Oncotator.

If I run this on command line:
oncotator -v --input_format=VCF --output_format=VCF ../PASS/B100327_T3398.vcf B100327_T3398.vcf hg19 --db-dir ${data_source}

The last part of log file is: (Some thing is wrong in the last line, and I cannot figure out how to fix it.)

2016-11-23 17:56:20,932 WARNING [oncotator.input.VcfInputMutationCreator:293] Tumor-Normal VCF detected. The Normal will assume GT= 0/0, unless GT field specified otherwise.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/kong/lib/miniconda2/envs/oncotator/bin/oncotator", line 9, in
load_entry_point('Oncotator==v1.8.0.0', 'console_scripts', 'oncotator')()
File "/home/kong/lib/miniconda2/envs/oncotator/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Oncotator-v1.8.0.0-py2.7.egg/oncotator/Oncotator.py", line 309, in main
annotator.annotate()
File "/home/kong/lib/miniconda2/envs/oncotator/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Oncotator-v1.8.0.0-py2.7.egg/oncotator/Annotator.py", line 437, in annotate
filename = self._outputRenderer.renderMutations(mutations, metadata=metadata, comments=comments)
File "/home/kong/lib/miniconda2/envs/oncotator/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Oncotator-v1.8.0.0-py2.7.egg/oncotator/output/VcfOutputRenderer.py", line 118, in renderMutations
dataManager = OutputDataManager(self.configTable, mutations, comments, metadata, path)
File "/home/kong/lib/miniconda2/envs/oncotator/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Oncotator-v1.8.0.0-py2.7.egg/oncotator/output/OutputDataManager.py", line 90, in init
self.mutation, self.mutations = self._fetchFirstMutation(muts)
File "/home/kong/lib/miniconda2/envs/oncotator/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Oncotator-v1.8.0.0-py2.7.egg/oncotator/output/OutputDataManager.py", line 105, in _fetchFirstMutation
for mutation in muts:
File "/home/kong/lib/miniconda2/envs/oncotator/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Oncotator-v1.8.0.0-py2.7.egg/oncotator/Annotator.py", line 448, in _applyManualAnnotations
for m in mutations:
File "/home/kong/lib/miniconda2/envs/oncotator/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Oncotator-v1.8.0.0-py2.7.egg/oncotator/Annotator.py", line 456, in _applyDefaultAnnotations
for m in mutations:
File "/home/kong/lib/miniconda2/envs/oncotator/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Oncotator-v1.8.0.0-py2.7.egg/oncotator/Annotator.py", line 519, in _annotate_mutations_using_datasources
m = self._annotate_func_ptr(m, datasource)
File "/home/kong/lib/miniconda2/envs/oncotator/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Oncotator-v1.8.0.0-py2.7.egg/oncotator/Annotator.py", line 88, in _annotate_mut
return ds.annotate_mutation(m)
File "/home/kong/lib/miniconda2/envs/oncotator/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Oncotator-v1.8.0.0-py2.7.egg/oncotator/datasources/TabixIndexedVcfDatasource.py", line 230, in annotate_mutation
vcf_records = self.vcf_reader.fetch(mutation.chr, mut_start - 1, mut_end) # query database for records
File "/home/kong/lib/miniconda2/envs/oncotator/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vcf/parser.py", line 626, in fetch
encoding=self.encoding)
File "ctabix.pyx", line 92, in pysam.ctabix.Tabixfile.cinit (pysam/ctabix.c:2234)
File "ctabix.pyx", line 98, in pysam.ctabix.Tabixfile._open (pysam/ctabix.c:2344)
TypeError: _open() got an unexpected keyword argument 'encoding'

Answers

• SheilaSheila Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator

@Haiying7
    Hi,

I have moved your question to the Oncotator category where Lee @LeeTL1220 will help you.

-Sheila

• LeeTL1220LeeTL1220 Arlington, MAMember, Broadie, Dev

Hello @Haiying7 ... Can you upgrade Oncotator? I think that is all you need to get around this. Post here if you get the same error or a new one.

• YanjaneYanjane BeijingMember
    edited June 6

Hello @LeeTL1220 , I am using oncotator 1.9.1.0. When I run it on my Ubuntu,It can't work correctly.
    2017-06-06 03:15:06,964 WARNING [root:97] Index field (gene) not found. Remember that datasources must be ordered. Please put a datasource that provides the 'gene' annotation in front of this datasource, such as any TranscriptProvider.
    2017-06-06 03:15:06,964 WARNING [root:97] Index field (gene) not found. Remember that datasources must be ordered. Please put a datasource that provides the 'gene' annotation in front of this datasource, such as any TranscriptProvider.
    Can you help me to fix it. Thanks!

• SheilaSheila Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator

@Yanjane
    Hi,

Can you please post the exact command you ran?

-Sheila

• YanjaneYanjane BeijingMember
    edited July 12

@Sheila

Thank you for answering, the problem has been solved already.