To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

SVPreprocess error

hykuohykuo TaiwanMember

Hi Bob and all,

I try to use the GenomeSTRiP recently.
I got some error while I am running SVPreprocess.
I modify the installtest/discovery.sh as my svpreprocess script.

Here are the script content :

export SV_DIR=/home/hykuo/Desktop/svtoolkit
SV_TMPDIR=./tempdir
inputType=bam

GenomeSTRiP=/home/hykuo/Desktop/GenomeSTRiP
runDir=${GenomeSTRiP}/SVPreprocess
inputFile=${GenomeSTRiP}/raw_data/P-C-Wu.${inputType}
sites=test1.discovery.vcf
genotypes=test1.genotypes.vcf

export PATH=${SV_DIR}/bwa:${PATH}
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${SV_DIR}/bwa:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

mx="-Xmx32g"
classpath="${SV_DIR}/lib/SVToolkit.jar:${SV_DIR}/lib/gatk/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar:${SV_DIR}/lib/gatk/Queue.jar"

mkdir -p ${runDir}/logs || exit 1
mkdir -p ${runDir}/metadata || exit 1

java -cp ${classpath} ${mx} -jar ${SV_DIR}/lib/SVToolkit.jar

java -cp ${classpath} ${mx} \
org.broadinstitute.gatk.queue.QCommandLine \
-S ${SV_DIR}/qscript/SVPreprocess.q \
-S ${SV_DIR}/qscript/SVQScript.q \
-gatk ${SV_DIR}/lib/gatk/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar \
--disableJobReport \
-cp ${classpath} \
-configFile ${SV_DIR}/conf/genstrip_parameters.txt \
-tempDir ${SV_TMPDIR} \
-R ${SV_METADATA_DIR}/Homo_sapiens_assembly19.fasta \
-genomeMaskFile ${SV_METADATA_DIR}/Homo_sapiens_assembly19.svmask.fasta \
-copyNumberMaskFile ${SV_METADATA_DIR}/Homo_sapiens_assembly19.gcmask.fasta \
-runDirectory ${runDir} \
-md ${runDir}/metadata \
-disableGATKTraversal \
-useMultiStep \
-reduceInsertSizeDistributions false \
-computeGCProfiles true \
-computeReadCounts true \
-jobLogDir ${runDir}/logs \
-I ${inputFile} \
-run \
|| exit 1

The first error is about header.bam file

Here are the content in the SVPreprocess-3.out

[E::hts_open_format] fail to open file '/home/hykuo/Desktop/GenomeSTRiP/SVPreprocess/metadata/headers.bam'
samtools index: failed to open '/home/hykuo/Desktop/GenomeSTRiP/SVPreprocess/metadata/headers.bam": No such file or directory

Should I generate the header.bam file by myself or I get something wrong?

The other error I don't know how it generate

ERROR 23:27:36,172 FunctionEdge - Error: 'java' '-Xmx2048m' '-XX:+UseParallelOldGC' '-XX:ParallelGCThreads=4' '-X:GCTimeLimit=50' '-XX:GCHeapFreeLimit=10' '-Djava.io.tmpdir=/home/hykuo/Desktop/GenomeSTRiP/SVPreprocess/tempdir' '-cp' /home/hykuo/Desktop/svtoolkit/lib/SVToolkit.jar:/home/hykuo/Desktop/svtoolkit/lib/gatk/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar:/home/hykuo/Desktop/svtoolkit/lib/gatk/Queue.jar' org.broadinstitute.sv.main.SVCommandLine '-T' 'ComputeReadDepthCoverageWalker' '-R' /home/hykuo/Desktop/Homo_sapiens_assembly19/Homo_sapiens_assembly19.fasta' '-I' '/home/hykuo/Desktop/GenomeSTRiP/raw_data/P-C-Wu.bam' '-O' '/home/hykuo/Desktop/GenomeSTRiP/SVPreprocess/metadata/depth/P-C-Wu.depth.txt' '-disableGATKTraversal' 'true' '-md' '/home/hykuo/Desktop/GenomeSTRiP/SVPreprocess/metadata' '-ploidyMapFile' '/home/hykuo/Desktop/Homo_sapiens_assembly19/Homo_sapiens_assembly19.ploidymap.txt' '-configFile' /home/hykuo/Desktop/svtoolkit/conf/genstrip_parameters.txt' '-genomeMaskFile' '/home/hykuo/Desktop/Homo_sapiens_assembly19/Homo_sapiens_assembly19.svmask.fasta' '-readDepthMaskFile' /home/hykuo/Desktop/Homo_sapiens_assembly19/Homo_sapiens_assembly19.rdmask.bed' '-minMapQ' '10' '-insertSizeRadius' '10.0'
ERROR 23:27:36,174 FunctionEdge - Contents of /home/hykuo/Desktop/GenomeSTRiP/SVPreprocess/logs/SVPreprocess-9.out:

attach file is my full log.
I am not sure why I can't use "sh script.sh | tee result" to write the stdout to the file.
Hence I copy the logs to the file, the format is ugly somewhere.
I am not friendly with Post in the forum,too
Sorry for the unfriendly post format

Look forward for your help
Thanks a lot

log.txt 42.5K