To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

GenotypeGVCFs - Best genotyping strategy for trios

Hi the team,

I am studying de novo variants in trios (child, father, mother). I used a classical pipeline HaplotypeCaller (GVCF mode)/GenotypeGVCFs, and used about 30 BAMs to perform the genotyping.

Then, I used a script to extract the de novo variants in each child, and manually curated them in IGV to eliminate artefacts - generally, variants also present in one or both parents, but at lower frequency that in the child.

My question concerns a reflexion about the best genotyping strategy. Using all the batch, is there a risk to dilute low frequency variants ? Isn't it more pertinent to genotype each trio independently in order to test transmission hypotheses ?

Thanks by advance for your advice,
BPR

Best Answer

Answers

• BurgundiaPRBurgundiaPR Lyon (France)Member

@valentin

Thank you very much to have taken some of your time for these detailed explanation and advice.

Thanks,
    BPR