To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Mutect variant calling the parameters for filtering

Hello All,
I have a couple of vcf files resulted from a batch run from the pipeline from the Mutect and I wanted to filter the output cf file based on the following parameters max_alt_alleles_in_normal_count=2 and max_alt_allele_in_normal_fraction=0.03. This I want to do as part of a comparison between results from a sample which I first ran with those parameters and second without those parameters. The first result with those parameters after in-house filters resulted in 59 variants and whereas second vcf file without those parameters resulted in 387 variants (after same in-house filtering).

Now Since I have a couple of vcf files and it takes long to process it again with the parameters I am trying filter them from result vcf files and so i tried to take out variant which has Normal allele reads >2 and Normal variant allele fraction >0.03. And still, the resulting variants doesn't match in their numbers .

Would be great if someone comment on my understanding of these parameters max_alt_allele_in_normal_fraction --isn't its frequency of alternate allele from normal sample , ie in the output vcf file its FA from Normal??
and max_alt_alleles_in_normal_count -- isn't it the Alternate allele count from Normal sample and that is AD[1] from sample Normal ??

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers