On Monday and Tuesday, November 12-13, the communications team will be out of the office for a U.S. federal holiday and a team event. We will be back in action on November 14th and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for using the forum.

Error when I called variants using flag "--output_mode EMIT_ALL_SITES" but only for one chromosome?

When I tried to call variants using the command line like following:

• Program Args: -T UnifiedGenotyper -nt 4 -R mm10.fa -I PWD.bam -I la215.bam -I la210.bam -o output_chr14.vcf -L chr14 -stand_call_conf 30 -stand_emit_conf 30 -A HomopolymerRun -et NO_ET -K keyfile --output_mode EMIT_ALL_SITES
    The following error occurred:
ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR stack trace

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 6
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.tools.walkers.genotyper.AFPriorProvider.forTotalPloidy(AFPriorProvider.java:93)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.tools.walkers.genotyper.GenotypingEngine.getAlleleFrequencyPriors(GenotypingEngine.java:519)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.tools.walkers.genotyper.GenotypingEngine.calculateGenotypes(GenotypingEngine.java:227)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.tools.walkers.genotyper.UnifiedGenotypingEngine.calculateGenotypes(UnifiedGenotypingEngine.java:348)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.tools.walkers.genotyper.UnifiedGenotypingEngine.calculateLikelihoodsAndGenotypes(UnifiedGenotypingEngine.java:203)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.tools.walkers.genotyper.UnifiedGenotyper.map(UnifiedGenotyper.java:379)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.tools.walkers.genotyper.UnifiedGenotyper.map(UnifiedGenotyper.java:151)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.engine.traversals.TraverseLociNano$TraverseLociMap.apply(TraverseLociNano.java:267)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.engine.traversals.TraverseLociNano$TraverseLociMap.apply(TraverseLociNano.java:255)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.utils.nanoScheduler.NanoScheduler.executeSingleThreaded(NanoScheduler.java:274)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.utils.nanoScheduler.NanoScheduler.execute(NanoScheduler.java:245)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.engine.traversals.TraverseLociNano.traverse(TraverseLociNano.java:144)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.engine.traversals.TraverseLociNano.traverse(TraverseLociNano.java:92)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.engine.traversals.TraverseLociNano.traverse(TraverseLociNano.java:48)
at org.broadinstitute.gatk.engine.executive.ShardTraverser.call(ShardTraverser.java:98)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR A GATK RUNTIME ERROR has occurred (version 3.3-0-g37228af):
ERROR
ERROR This might be a bug. Please check the documentation guide to see if this is a known problem.
ERROR If not, please post the error message, with stack trace, to the GATK forum.
ERROR Visit our website and forum for extensive documentation and answers to
ERROR commonly asked questions http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk
ERROR
ERROR MESSAGE: 6

Actually, I used this commands also for other chromosomes and only chromosome14 has this problem.

Could you please help to identify what's wrong?

Thank you very much

Best Answer

Answers