Reference confidence model for processing multiple samples with low coverage

CeciliaCecilia Melbourne, AustraliaMember

Hi there,

I am using the Reference confidence model for processing multiple samples with low coverage. Is there a way of specifying a minimum and a maximum depth per read? My script looks like this:

java -jar $gatk_dir/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T HaplotypeCaller -R ref_loci.fa -I $i."sorted.bam" -stand_call_conf 30 -stand_emit_conf 5 -o ./$i".g.vcf" -ERC GVCF --variant_index_type LINEAR --variant_index_parameter 128000

I included the -stand_call_conf and the -stand_emit_conf, but it doesn't look like it makes a difference with or without those parameters. Is there another way of specifying depth range?

Regards,

Cecilia

Best Answers

Answers

• CeciliaCecilia Melbourne, AustraliaMember

Hi Geraldine, thanks for getting back about this. I am a bit confused because on the report that I get when I run the script it says that the target coverage is 250:

"INFO 17:28:22,100 GenomeAnalysisEngine - Downsampling Settings: Method: BY_SAMPLE, Target Coverage: 250"

Does it mean that it reads with a coverage lower than 250 will be discarded?

Also, is there a way of changing the mapping quality of the reads? I think the default is 20, but I would like to set it to 30:

"INFO 17:28:22,208 HCMappingQualityFilter - Filtering out reads with MAPQ < 20"

Regards,

Cecilia