Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

MuTect2 - vcf 4.1 instead of vcd 4.2

mattqdeanmattqdean CAMember
edited April 2016 in Ask the GATK team

I'm using MuTect2 to call variants. The output vcf is in 4.2 format. I was wondering if there's a way to configure MuTect2 to use vcf 4.1 format instead?

Issue · Github
by Sheila

Issue Number
State
closed
Last Updated
Assignee
Array
Milestone
Array
Closed By
vdauwera

Answers

• SheilaSheila Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

@mattqdean
    Hi,

I know there was an option to do the opposite of what you are asking! I'm not sure if there is an option to do what you want, but I will ask the team.

-Sheila

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

I'm afraid that's not possible, sorry. You can try to "fake it" by manually editing the version number in the VCF header, but if you try to feed the file to any downstream software that doesn't support 4.2, there's a chance it will break. We find that the best thing to do is ask the authors of the software to upgrade their code to support the newer format.