Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

drmaa, host is neither submit nor admin host

Will_GilksWill_Gilks University of Sussex, UKMember ✭✭
edited April 2016 in GenomeSTRiP

Hi,

I'm trying to run the CNV pipeline on an SGE active login, on just one major chromosome (200 inds). I notice that the unmapped scaffolds are still incorporated at least in the initial stages of analysis. The script fails in stage 1, at one of the unmapped scaffolds, seq_chrUn_DS484773v1. Does anyone have any idea what's causing this.

Inputs:

INFO  09:59:53,495 HelpFormatter - Program Args: \
-S /cm/shared/apps/svtoolkit/2.0.1602//qscript/discovery/cnv/CNVDiscoveryPipeline.q \
-S /cm/shared/apps/svtoolkit/2.0.1602//qscript/SVQScript.q \
-jobRunner Drmaa -gatkJobRunner Drmaa -jobNative -V -pe openmp 10 -q bioinf.q \
-cp /cm/shared/apps/svtoolkit/2.0.1602//lib/SVToolkit.jar:/cm/shared/apps/svtoolkit/2.0.1602//lib/gatk/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar:/cm/shared/apps/svtoolkit/2.0.1602//lib/gatk/Queue.jar \
-gatk /cm/shared/apps/svtoolkit/2.0.1602//lib/gatk/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar \
-configFile reference_data/params_dm6_gstrip.txt \
-R reference_data/dm6.fa -I reference_data/lhm_RG_bams.list \
-genderMapFile reference_data/gstrip_lhm_rg_gender.map \
-md preprocessing_metadata -runDirectory chr2L_cnvs -jobLogDir chr2L_cnvs/logs \
-genomeMaskFile reference_data/dm6.svmask.fasta -readDepthMaskFile reference_data/dm6.rdmask.bed \
-ploidyMapFile reference_data/ploidy_dm6.map \
-L chr2L \
-tempDir ./tmpdir \
-disableGATKTraversal -minimumRefinedLength 500 \
-tilingWindowSize 1000 -tilingWindowOverlap 500 -maximumReferenceGapLength 1000 -boundaryPrecision 100 \
-debug true \
--verbose true -run 

Errors start with:

INFO  10:02:15,446 QCommandLine - Scripting CNVDiscoveryStage1 
INFO  10:02:15,732 QCommandLine - Added 2 functions 
INFO  10:02:15,733 QGraph - Generating graph. 
INFO  10:02:15,747 QGraph - Running jobs. 
ERROR 10:02:15,822 QGraph - Uncaught error running jobs. 
org.ggf.drmaa.DrmCommunicationException: denied: host "node053.cm.cluster" is neither submit nor admin host

Issue · Github
by Sheila

Issue Number
State
closed
Last Updated
Assignee
Array
Milestone
Array
Closed By
vdauwera

Best Answer

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Hi Will, I moved this to the GenomeStrip section as we (GATK support) can't help with this problem.

• Will_GilksWill_Gilks University of Sussex, UKMember ✭✭

Ta, could've sworn I put this in genomestrip.

• cwhelancwhelan Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Dev

Never mind on that last point, I see that you've already discussed this in prior questions.

• Will_GilksWill_Gilks University of Sussex, UKMember ✭✭

@cwhelan Thanks Chris, very informative. I guess the problem with trying to use -intervalList was due to not having a reference bundle, or only having custom masking and parameters files for the whole genome rather than for each chromosome .. but that doesn't matter now anyway hopefully if I can just use -L like with the deletion pipeline.