Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

genotyping CNVs

Will_GilksWill_Gilks University of Sussex, UKMember ✭✭

Hi @bhandsaker ,

I run 220 samples, 1 chromosome through the CNV discovery pipeline on recommended settings which generates this vcf gs_cnv.genotypes.vcf.gz, comprising of the metrics for each genotype and sample. I guess that I just pass this vcf in to the svgenotyper command, as for the deletion pipeline,. However, this outputs a similar file, i.e. without distinct genotype calls, 0/0, 0/1 etc. Am I doing something wrong? I didn't notice a CNV calling example in the test scripts.

Sincerely,

Will Gilks

Best Answer

Answers

• Will_GilksWill_Gilks University of Sussex, UKMember ✭✭

@bhandsaker Thanks, all that's encouraging. The phasing of CNVs and SNPs is exciting. I'm looking through Beagle now to try and understand what's required.

I'm also trying to submit the CNV and deletion records from Genomestrip, to NCBI dbVar but the formatting of the vcf looks tricky.