Our documentation websites are currently offline due to a data center fire. We do not yet have an ETA for restoring service; we’ll update this message when we know more.

MuTectv2 BQ

Johanna_SgJohanna_Sg SwedenMember

Hi,

I am wondering about getting the (average) base quality value for the variants called by MuTect2, There were such a column for MuTect v1 output, but not for for MuTect v2?

Best Answer

Answers

• Johanna_SgJohanna_Sg SwedenMember

Thank you for your rapid reply, I do not think however that the LOD-scores reflect so well the base quality for that variant, we have samples with variants called by Mutect2 with very low base quality (according to results from MuTect1), around 13-19 and the TLOD can be from 6,3 to at least 40.. I migth want to be able to remove (filter post run) variants that have such low BQ but now my only option is to rerun with a higher treshhold for MBQ? default is 10 (why so low?). Thanks.

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie

Actually I was wrong, that information is still output but in a different form. Have a look at: the QSS annotation.