Leftover "--allowNonOverlappingCommandLineSamples" in SelectVariants?

Hi guys,
I was subsetting a VCF file with SelectVariants, based on a sample list which contains some additional samples we didn't sequence.

GATK SelectVariants complained about the samples missing from VCF file and the suggested:

##### ERROR 
##### ERROR To ignore these samples, run with --allowNonOverlappingCommandLineSamples

However, I followed the suggestion and got

##### ERROR Please do NOT post this error to the GATK forum unless you have really tried to fix it yourself.
  ##### ERROR
  ##### ERROR MESSAGE: Argument with name 'allowNonOverlappingCommandLineSamples' isn't defined.

I can obviously fix this myself as recommended :) but I thought the option was quite convenient, and seemed right to flag this message up as the output suggests to use an option apparently not in place anymore (version 3.5-0-g36282e4)

cheers,
F

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin
    Accepted Answer

Actually the option is still in place but it is in the wrong case in the error message. Try with --ALLOW_NONOVERLAPPING_COMMAND_LINE_SAMPLES instead. We'll fix the error message for the next version.