We've moved!
This site is now read-only. You can find our new documentation site and support forum for posting questions here.
Be sure to read our welcome blog!

sanger confirmed SNV present with HaplotypeCaller 2.7, absent with HaplotypeCaller 3.3

ano1986ano1986 BelgiumMember

We performed variant calling on a whole-exome sequenced human internal control sample. We have a set of 60 confirmed Sanger sequencing SNVs for this sample, which are all detected when we use HaplotypeCaller 2.7 with the following parameters:

-T HaplotypeCaller -nct 8 -R hg19_chr1-y.fasta -I input.bam --genotyping_mode DISCOVERY --max_alternate_alleles 12 --dbsnp dbsnp_137.hg19.vcf --disable_auto_index_creation_and_locking_when_reading_rods -et NO_ET -stand_call_conf 30.0 -stand_emit_conf 15.0 -o output.vcf -dcov 900

When we start from the same .bam file but using HaplotypeCaller 3.3 with the same parameters:

-T HaplotypeCaller -nct 8 -R hg19_chr1-y.fasta -I input.bam --genotyping_mode DISCOVERY --max_alternate_alleles 12 --dbsnp dbsnp_137.hg19.vcf --disable_auto_index_creation_and_locking_when_reading_rods -et NO_ET -stand_call_conf 30.0 -stand_emit_conf 15.0 -o output.vcf -dcov 900

one SNV is not detected (chr19:49671151). I've attached a printscreen of IGV (first track: original .bam file, second track --bamout for hc2.7, third track is --bamout hc3.3). All quality scores look normal. I can provide you with the .bam files if needed.

Could you recommend some things that I can check to find out why this confirmed variant is not detected with hc3.3?

Tagged:

Answers