about the Broad's hg38 vs GRCh38

BogdanBogdan Palo Alto, CAMember ✭✭

Dear all,

please could you let me know if there are any differences between the hg38 version from Broad (in the release bundle) and the GRCh38 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/news/12-23-2013-grch38-released/). Thanks a lot ;) !

bogdan

Issue · Github
by Sheila

Issue Number
State
closed
Last Updated
Assignee
Array
Milestone
Array
Closed By
vdauwera

Answers

• SheilaSheila Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

@Bogdan
    Hi bogdan,

I will let Geraldine get back to you as she is the one who is in charge of the bundle.

-Sheila

• BogdanBogdan Palo Alto, CAMember ✭✭

thanks Sheila !

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Hi Bogdan,

Sorry for the late response. I'm still waiting for some docs from the Ops team who generated the bundle for us so I can't answer your question at this time. We plan to put together a manifest file detailing the provenance and properties of each file, but it will be a few weeks before we can get to that due to some higher-priority projects we need to get done first. We're providing the files as a preview for those who need to start working with hg38 asap, but they are provided as-is with no further details.

• BogdanBogdan Palo Alto, CAMember ✭✭

thanks Geraldine, appreciate the help very much ! happy weekend and hope that the blizzard is not too strong in Cambridge ;)