Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

about the Broad's hg38 vs GRCh38

BogdanBogdan Palo Alto, CAMember ✭✭

Dear all,

please could you let me know if there are any differences between the hg38 version from Broad (in the release bundle) and the GRCh38 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/news/12-23-2013-grch38-released/). Thanks a lot ;) !

bogdan

Issue · Github
by Sheila

Issue Number
State
closed
Last Updated
Assignee
Array
Milestone
Array
Closed By
vdauwera

Answers

• SheilaSheila Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

@Bogdan
    Hi bogdan,

I will let Geraldine get back to you as she is the one who is in charge of the bundle.

-Sheila

• BogdanBogdan Palo Alto, CAMember ✭✭

thanks Sheila !

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Hi Bogdan,

Sorry for the late response. I'm still waiting for some docs from the Ops team who generated the bundle for us so I can't answer your question at this time. We plan to put together a manifest file detailing the provenance and properties of each file, but it will be a few weeks before we can get to that due to some higher-priority projects we need to get done first. We're providing the files as a preview for those who need to start working with hg38 asap, but they are provided as-is with no further details.

• BogdanBogdan Palo Alto, CAMember ✭✭

thanks Geraldine, appreciate the help very much ! happy weekend and hope that the blizzard is not too strong in Cambridge ;)