Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

expected tranch plot?

burcuburcu GermanyMember

Dear GATK team,

Very recently I ran a batch of 80 Exome datasets. When I checked the VQSR tranches plot, I noticed that any false positives or negatives were indicated. I am sending you the plot in the attachment. If my datasets are really lack of false positives or negatives, this would be amazing :-), however I do not think so. If you could let me know what is the underlying reason of this issue, I would be grateful.

Best regards,
Burcuimageimage

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

I'm not sure but here's a thought. The tool estimates the amount of false positives using the TiTv ratio of novel sites as a proxy, which is an imperfect approach as it involves a few assumptions that are not guaranteed. You might have very high TiTv because of the regions of the genome you're looking at, or your organism if it's non-human data. This would cause the tool to underestimate false positives.