We've moved!
This site is now read-only. You can find our new documentation site and support forum for posting questions here.
Be sure to read our welcome blog!

Input files to GatherBqsrReports

awengerawenger Stanford UniversityMember

The usage for the GatherBqsrReports tool implies that it accepts a list of files as input (i.e. a .list file). In practice, it accepts raw .table files.

// Does not work

echo "in.table" > files.list
java -cp GATK.jar org.broadinstitute.gatk.tools.GatherBqsrReports I=files.list O=out.table
// Bad input: The GATK report has an unknown/unsupported version in the header: in.table

// Does work

java -cp GATK.jar org.broadinstitute.gatk.tools.GatherBqsrReports I=in.table O=out.table
java -cp GATK.jar org.broadinstitute.gatk.tools.GatherBqsrReports I=in1.table I=in2.table O=out.table

// Usage
// I=File List of scattered BQSR files
// O=File File to output the gathered file to

Could you update GatherBqsrReports to accept a .list? I always prefer to pass in a .list instead of multiple options on the command line to avoid exceeded the command line buffer.

Issue · Github
by Sheila

Issue Number
State
closed
Last Updated
Milestone
Array
Closed By
chandrans

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Hi there,

This is a new tool so we need to check the intended behavior. Unfortunately this is a different type of tool compared to most other GATK tools, which doesn't inherit the list-processing abilities conferred by the engine. We may have forgotten to build that capability into this tool. If so we'll put this on the todo list since it's obviously a desirable feature. We'll keep you informed once we get some answers from the tool's original author.

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Hi @awenger, this functionality has just been added and merged into the development version. It will be available starting in the next nightly build.