Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

--setFilteredGtToNocall

shanzorshanzor canberraMember

Hi,

I am trying to set filtered genotypes to no-call:

java -Xmx6g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar
--analysis_type SelectVariants
--reference_sequence Egrandis_297_v2.0.fa
--variant filter_test.vcf
--setFilteredGtToNocall

following:

https://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk/gatkdocs/org_broadinstitute_gatk_tools_walkers_variantutils_SelectVariants.php

I'm getting this error MESSAGE: Argument with name 'setFilteredGtToNocall' isn't defined.

I can't find anything about this argument elsewhere in the gatk documentation or elsewhere online to point me int he right direction for its usage. Does it work?

Cheers
Shannon

Comments

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Make sure you're using the latest version as this argument was introduced very recently.

• shanzorshanzor canberraMember

Thanks I'll update and try again.

Tried using 3.4.46. I think this is the latest version? Still getting the same Error.

Actually there are two versions of this argument presented on the gatk web documentation at present.

--setFilteredGtToNocall

and

--setFilteredGenotypesToNocall

Not knowing if one was incorrect I tried both and same result.

Any further suggestions?

Cheers
    Shannon

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

That's odd, it should work in 3.4-46. Are you sure you're calling the right version of GATK, if you have eg an environment variable set up as shortcut to the GATK jar? It works for me when I test it locally with the latest official release.

The two versions of the argument are due to a copy error that has been fixed internally, sorry about that. The doc will be refreshed when the next release happens (soon-ish).

My bad, I hadn't reset the environment. Working now with --setFilteredGtToNocall. Thanks!