Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Mutect for Rat data

chris2015chris2015 USMember

I would like to confirm that when i use mutect with Rat data, it is not necessary to add neither dbsnp file nor COSMIC file (As COSMIC data is for human cancer only).
What about if i provided only dpsnp file, any call that is in dpsnp file will be excluded wether it is germ or somatic snp??

Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• chris2015chris2015 USMember

Thank you very much for reply.
    So, all mutect calls that are in dpsnp file will be excluded??

Issue · Github
    by Sheila

Issue Number
    State
    open
    Last Updated
  • Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

I believe so, unless they are also in COSMIC, in which case they get whitelisted.

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Hi there, we got some additional details and a slight correction from the MuTect developers:

The dbSNP information isn't directly used to filter out mutations, but rather increase the threshold for calling it somatic (increasing the prior of it being non-somatic). We don't currently inspect any information in the dbsnp track because we generally don't trust it for somatic.