Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

probelm with Variant Annotations

aditiskaditisk Ann Arbor Member

I am trying to use Variant Annotations in my joint variant calling step. I am using many of them but just two of them have some issue and are not working. I have attached the screenshot below. I am using the 3.3-0 version of GATK. Could you please tell me why just these specific ones are giving me issues ?

Best Answer

Answers

• SheilaSheila Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

@aditisk
    Hi,

It looks like you have either too many spaces or a new line between the annotations. For example, the command should be something like java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T HaplotypeCaller -R $ref -I $bam -o $vcf -A annotation -A annotation

I hope you can fix it!

-Sheila

• aditiskaditisk Ann Arbor Member

For joint calling the inputs are supposed to be individual vcf files generated using the Haplotype caller right ? In your comment above you have mentioned that a bam file is the input. Could you please clarify that ?

I also tried retyping my entire command and the spaces or new line character does not seem to be a problem. Only the two specific annotations are causing trouble.

I removed those two annotations and the command seems to be working at least for now. Could you please explain why those 2 annotations are causing a problem ? Thanks a lot :smiley:

Thanks a lot for your quick response.