To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Multiple GVCF inputs for GenotypeGVCFs

jfjfjfjf Member
edited August 2015 in Ask the GATK team

Hi,

I tried to use GenotypeGVCFs to perform joint genotyping with 5 samples. I used -V mygvcfs.list to submit multiple gvcfs, but I got the following error message:
Invalid command line: No tribble type was provided on the command line and the type of the file could not be determined dynamically. Please add an explicit type tag :NAME listing the correct type from among the supported types.

So, I run again with -V:VCF mygvcfs.list. I got another error:
Your input file has a malformed header: We never saw the required CHROM header line (starting with one #) for the input VCF file

I checked back my gvcfs, the #CHROM header line is present. I also tried to run GeotypeGVCFs by typing the input gvcfs one by one on command line, and it works well.

Any suggestion on why this happened and how can I submit the input gvcfs in list?

I am using GATK version: 3.3.0

Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers