Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

My fast file is not found by GenomeAnalysisTK

Sir,
I was trying to run GATK but my fasta file can't be detected by the program. Though the fasta exists but it showing that the file is not exist.

My lines was:

java -Xmx16G -jar /Users/ZILLURRAHMAN/Desktop/PhD/GATK/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T PrintReads -R /Users/ZILLURRAHMAN/Desktop/PhD/Apicomplexan/Babesia_microti/Data/Strain_Naushon/strain_naushan.fasta -I /Users/ZILLURRAHMAN/Desktop/PhD/Apicomplexan/Babesia_microti/Data/Strain_Naushon/Naushon.sorted.bam -BQSR recalibration_report.grp -o strain_naushan_bqsr.bam

ERROR MESSAGE: Fasta dict file /Users/ZILLURRAHMAN/Desktop/PhD/Apicomplexan/Babesia_microti/Data/Strain_Naushon/strain_naushan.dict for reference /Users/ZILLURRAHMAN/Desktop/PhD/Apicomplexan/Babesia_microti/Data/Strain_Naushon/strain_naushan.fasta does not exist. Please see http://gatkforums.broadinstitute.org/discussion/1601/how-can-i-prepare-a-fasta-file-to-use-as-reference for help creating it.
ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MacBook-Pro:GATK ZILLURRAHMAN$ cd /Users/ZILLURRAHMAN/Desktop/PhD/Apicomplexan/Babesia_microti/Data/Strain_Naushon/
MacBook-Pro:Strain_Naushon ZILLURRAHMAN$ ls
Naushon.sorted.bam SRR901625_1.fastq SRR901625_2.fastq fix_fasta.py strain_naushan.fasta.fai
Naushon.sorted.vcf SRR901625_1.fastq.gz SRR901625_2.fastq.gz strain_naushan.fasta wgs.fasta
MacBook-Pro:Strain_Naushon ZILLURRAHMAN$ ls -sh
total 36563568
2340032 Naushon.sorted.bam 3712872 SRR901625_1.fastq.gz 8 fix_fasta.py 12672 wgs.fasta
1148896 Naushon.sorted.vcf 12817944 SRR901625_2.fastq 12672 strain_naushan.fasta
12817944 SRR901625_1.fastq 3700520 SRR901625_2.fastq.gz 8 strain_naushan.fasta.fai
MacBook-Pro:Strain_Naushon ZILLURRAHMAN$

Best Answer

Answers