To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Increase read depth for MuTect?

ssodermanssoderman TexasMember

Hello All,

I am wondering how I could increase the amount of reads MuTect considers in its analysis. As an example, for the same sample VarScan2's output displays DP=20862 whereas MuTect's output VCF displays DP=989. This makes it harder to compare their respective outputs.

I look forward to some answers. I have looked around quite a bit and haven't found anything concerning this.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ssodermanssoderman TexasMember
    edited July 2015

Ah yes there are downsampling options. By default it seems that a maximum of 1000 reads are considered. I'm now awaiting several outputs from the program with an increased downsampling parameter. :) Thank you so much for mentioning this! If this somehow doesn't fix things I will look into the quality information.