Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

GATK HaplotypeCaller3.4 warnings

tommycarstensentommycarstensen United KingdomMember ✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in Ask the GATK team

GATK3.4 is throwing lots of warnings. Should I be concerned about any of them?

I'm not sure, which --variant_index_type to set, so I will make sure to use the correct file extension going forward:

WARN  17:02:08,480 GATKVCFUtils - Naming your output file using the .g.vcf extension will automatically set the appropriate values  for --variant_index_type and --variant_index_parameter 
WARN  17:02:08,484 GATKVCFUtils - Creating Tabix index for out_HaplotypeCaller/20/APP5339451.vcf.gz, ignoring user-specified index type and parameter 

I also got this warning with earlier versions:

WARN  17:02:10,495 IndexDictionaryUtils - Track dbsnp doesn't have a sequence dictionary built in, skipping dictionary validation 

Is this something to be concerned about?

WARN  17:02:18,771 PairHMMLikelihoodCalculationEngine$1 - Failed to load native library for VectorLoglessPairHMM - using Java implementation of LOGLESS_CACHING 

I didn't ask for these annotations:

WARN  17:02:19,078 HaplotypeScore - Annotation will not be calculated, must be called from UnifiedGenotyper 
WARN  17:02:19,079 InbreedingCoeff - Annotation will not be calculated, must provide a valid PED file (-ped) from the command line. 

My command line looked like this:

-A Coverage -A FisherStrand -A StrandOddsRatio -A MappingQualityRankSumTest -A QualByDepth -A RMSMappingQuality -A ReadPosRankSumTest

Best Answers

Answers