Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

AddOrReplaceReadGroups.jar --RGLB

NickNick Member
edited March 2015 in Ask the GATK team

I have 16 libraries that were pooled and sequenced on the same lane. When using AddOrReplaceReadGroups.jar, should I create a unique RGLB name for each library (e.g., lib1, lib2, lib3, etc.)? Apologies if this sounds like a silly question, but I have seen folks on seq-answers use the same name (e.g., lib1) for the RGLB flag when libraries were sequenced on the same lane.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MA admin
    Accepted Answer

@Nick You can let the tool use the default value, no need to set it yourself unless you have strong feelings about what it should be.

Next time, can I ask you to please post this as a new question? We like to keep unrelated questions in separate threads.

Answers

• NickNick Member

Thanks! One quick question re: IndelRealigner. I am not entirely positive what integer to give the -LOD flag. My dataset is high coverage (~70X), but freq of indels is expected to be low. Any hints or suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin
    Accepted Answer

@Nick You can let the tool use the default value, no need to set it yourself unless you have strong feelings about what it should be.

Next time, can I ask you to please post this as a new question? We like to keep unrelated questions in separate threads.

• NickNick Member
    edited March 2015

Sorry! Will do.